Free LiveChat and Drupal
I've been looking at various LiveChat modules for Drupal sites and after testing a number out I finally found one I liked, Zopim LiveChat.
It's slick, quick and provides all the basic requirements plus a few neat additional things such as user stats, history, visitor lists, customisable sounds. If you wanted you could have unlimited chats for $11.20 a month or the full version for only $20 a month!
- Anonymous chat
- One on one private chat
- Drupal 6 (although most had D7 versions)
Before settling on Zopim I also tried the following modules:
- QTchat - no anonymous chat
- PHPFree chat - fugly and sits under node page similar to comment block
- ShoutBox - felt a bit clunky and didn't really work
- ChatBlock - was easy to install and worked well but is a Chatroom module, not one on one
- Chatroll - not very slick
- ChatRoom - not very slick and involved creating nodes
- DrupalChat - a little convoluted and speed was of the essence but worth a look
One other free module I didn't try was Bowob chat so if you have do let me know what you think.
I'll report back once I've used the module fully but do let me know if you feel I should be giving another module a go!
Update 13/6/13: So far so good, the alert sound can be changed but is a good prompt to a conversation. If you're offline then you receive an email message left by the customer so you don't miss anything. I've just downloaded the iPhone app and it's just so simple to keep on top of things using this on the move. No I'm not on commission... yet!
I added this to a client's website yesterday and they had 3 enquiries and a conversion in the first 5 hours!